Dr. McGrath practices family dentistry. A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. McGrath at your initial dental visit. The following services will be included:
- Review of diagnostic digital radiographs (x-rays): X-Rays are essential for detection of decay, periodontal disease, third molar impaction, tumors, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums will be checked for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of the teeth and existing restoration work for decay.
- Periodontal disease evaluation: Probing measurements will be taken of the gums around the teeth for detection of infection or bone loss, which are signs of periodontal disease.
- Screening the teeth for excessive wear, poor occlusion (bite) and checking the health of the tempromandibular joint (TMJ).
- Dental prophylaxis (Teeth cleaning).
Good health begins with taking care of your teeth and gums. Your mouth is a window into the health of your body. Diseases that affect your entire body such as heart disease, diabetes or stroke may first be discovered in your mouth. A healthy body begins with a healthy mouth.
If you have any particular concerns about your teeth, please be sure to talk about these with Dr. McGrath. Contact us to make your initial appointment.